BBC Radio 1 counted down the 100 most downloaded songs in the UK today with the list being compiled by the Official Charts Company.
The track has sold over 1.54 million copies since it was first released back in May of last year.
Thicke said of the achievement: “I’m so honoured, the success of ‘Blurred Lines’ is a dream come true.”
The chief executive of the Official Charts Company, Martin Talbot said: “‘Blurred Lines’ is surely one of the catchiest pop hits of all time, so its success is no great surprise.
“But to become one of only two tracks to have been downloaded 1.5m times and climb to the top of the poll as the biggest download of all time is an incredible achievement.”
The top 5 of the most downloaded songs in the UK is as follows:
- ‘Blurred Lines’ – Robin Thicke/T.I./Pharrell Williams
- ‘Someone Like You’ – Adele
- ‘Moves Like Jagger’ – Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera
- ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ – Gotye ft Kimbra
- ‘I Gotta Feeling’ – Black Eyed Peas